Wednesday, March 4

Ah Bengs

I shall write about Ah Bengs for today. Since I have been hearing the term Ah Bengs so frequently nowadays, I shall blog about it. As we all know, Ah Bengs are somewhat popular in our country and not forgetting Singapore. In Wikipedia.org, it is stated that..



'Ah Beng is a stereotype applied to a certain of a group of young Chinese men in Southeast Asiaparticularly Singapore and Malaysia. The stereotypical view of a Ah Beng is a young Chinese man or teenager, that lacks cultural refinement or indulging in criminal activity or being involved in brawling or arguing out of disagreements with other people. Ah Bengs are also sometimes associated with extensively-modified or zhng-ed cars, [1] and are stereotypically seen as being excessively flashy and show-offs. Ah Bengs are often stereotyped as trying to emulate Japanese street fashion.'



'Extensively-modified or zhng-ed cars' for that matter are not those supercars that you may think of such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and so on. Its not that.. Its cars like this.....


Yea, you must be thinking what cacat-ed car this is. Oh well, that's our Ah Bengs. With oversized exhaust pipe to make it sound so much louder than it is fast, rims that are cheap and ugly looking. Oh well, let's not elaborate. You get what I mean right? Zhng-ed cars anybody?



'..Are stereotypically seen as being excessively flashy and show-offs.' are humans with extensively coloured hair, with pink, yellow, blue and everything you can think of. They wear add-ons such as tight pants, with scarfs, weird necklaces and carry some so called man handbags. You get the picture? I guess you do right? I don't wanna post any pictures as I don't want to offend any of them. 



Since I'm running out of time, I shall call this part 1 alright? I'll finish it off in another post and then proceed to Ah Lian. Bye people. xD

No comments:

Click Click!! Again..